Yesterday morning I had my quiet time in the kitchen. Initially, I was the only one up and the house was very quiet. Sitting at the kitchen island I could look out and see the rising sun illuminate the trees. The sun’s rays made their way into the kitchen too, highlighting dainty flowers (above).
Psalm 34 was the first passage of the day:
“I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.” (verse 1)
Wouldn’t that be a wonderful way to live? To always have the praise of God on our lips? In verse eight David goes on to say,
“O taste and see that the LORD is good:”
So, I would like to glorify the Lord by sharing with you some of the ways He has been good to me this week! Here are some things I’m thankful for:
- Psalm 34
- Hearing Kristen play Jesus Loves Me on the piano for a little girl in a purple coat
- Dips of muffin batter from the mixing bowl (smile)
- Hug from Mom
- Safe trip to get groceries
- The prayers of a friend
- Cozy reading time in a big chair
- The smile of a long-time friend
- The ice is nearly melted off the driveway!
How has the Lord been good to you this week?
“O magnify the LORD with me,
and let us exalt his name together.”